Submit your abstract to the Nordic Winter Sports Conference (NWSC) no later than April 15th, 2019.
You are kindly invited to submit abstracts related to work that you wish to present during the NWSC. All topics within the winter-sport disciplines of cross-country skiing, Nordic combined, alpine skiing, biathlon or winter Para sports will be considered. Please note: Abstracts must be submitted no later than April 15th, 2019.
All abstract submissions will be evaluated by the scientific committee, who will select the top 15 abstracts for 2-min speed presentations. The speed presentations will be presented digitally using Powerpoint. All speed presenters will be notified via e-mail and provided with instructions on how to upload their content prior to the conference. Abstracts not accepted for speed presentation may be accepted for poster presentation. Posters should be produced in A1 size using a portrait layout (594 mm wide x 841 mm long).
All accepted abstracts will be published online as PDFs in the NWSC Book of Abstracts after the conference.
Applied Researcher Award
A prize of €500 will be awarded to the best speed presentation in the field of applied research, as evaluated by the scientific committee.
Please read the following guidelines carefully before submitting an abstract. Important note:
Presenting authors must register for the conference for the abstract to be accepted.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English using 1.5 line-spacing and Times New Roman font size 12 in black.
- Indicate at the top of your abstract if you wish your submission to be evaluated for a 2-min speed presentation and/or poster presentation.
- The title must be concise and should not include abbreviations or acronyms.
- All authors must be listed (the presenter as the first author plus all other co-authors): First name initials, last name in full, place of employment/affiliation.
- The body of the abstract should contain an aim, methods, results and a clear practical application and must be 200 words or less.
- You may include up to three references, which should be listed after the main text.
Submitt your abstract to:
Abstracts that do not conform with the above guidelines will not be accepted.